Easy Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2-1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. Remove papery outer skin from garlic bulb (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut top off bulb; brush with oil. Wrap in heavy-duty foil. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- 3. Place 1 cup broth in a blender. Squeeze softened garlic into blender; cover and process until blended. Drain potatoes; place in a large bowl. Add the butter, pepper, salt, garlic mixture and remaining broth; beat until smooth. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 147 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 327 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Easy Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
"too watery - wasn't visually appealing"
"Excellent texture and very tasty. I made with 5lbs of potatoes, halved the broth and left the other ingredients the same. Delicious!"