- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2-1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic bulb (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut top off bulb; brush with oil. Wrap in heavy-duty foil. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Place 1 cup broth in a blender. Squeeze softened garlic into blender; cover and process until blended. Drain potatoes; place in a large bowl. Add the butter, pepper, salt, garlic mixture and remaining broth; beat until smooth. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes in Country October/November 2008, p49
Reviews for Easy Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 13, 2012
too watery - wasn't visually appealing
Reviewed Dec. 12, 2010
Excellent texture and very tasty. I made with 5lbs of potatoes, halved the broth and left the other ingredients the same. Delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >