Rice pudding has been a family favorite for generations, both because of its fantastic flavor and ease of preparation. You and your family will love this pudding's creamy texture.
- 4 cups milk
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Cool for 5 minutes, stirring twice. Spoon into individual serving dishes. Serve warm or chill until serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Easy Rice Pudding in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 1996, p3
Reviews for Easy Rice Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 11, 2014
"Can't wait to try it"
Reviewed Sep. 28, 2011
"Wouldn't set... ended up like soup!!!"
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2010
"Would this be best served a side dish or dessert?"