Easy Rhubarb Sauce Recipe
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2-1/4 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pound cake or vanilla ice cream
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil. Add rhubarb; cook and stir for 5-10 minutes or until rhubarb is tender and mixture is slightly thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon peel and nutmeg.
- 2. Serve warm or chilled over pound cake or ice cream. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
1/4 cup (calculated without cake or ice cream) equals 64 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.