- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed and drained
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer to pie plate coated with cooking spray; trim and flute edges. In a large bowl, combine 1 cup sugar, flour and salt. Stir in the juice concentrate, yolks and butter; mix well. Add rhubarb.
- In a bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold into rhubarb mixture. Pour into pie shell. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake at 375° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°; bake 40-45 minutes longer or until golden. Cover loosely with foil during the last 10 minutes if crust is browning too quickly. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Rhubarb Custard Pie in Light & Tasty April/May 2003, p43
Reviews for Easy Rhubarb Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review