Easy Rhubarb Muffins Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups diced fresh rhubarb
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1. In a bowl, combine first five ingredients; mix well. Stir in flour, salt, rhubarb, baking soda, baking powder and nuts. Pour into greased or paper-lined muffin cups. Mix topping ingredients; sprinkle over muffins and press lightly into batter. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes. Yield: 15 muffins.
1 serving (1 each) equals 274 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 226 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Easy Rhubarb Muffins
"Very good! I froze most of them and then thawed them out as needed and they were just as good, plus the topping stayed crunchy."