Since I collect muffin recipes as well as rhubarb recipes, this one was a real find! These muffins are good either for breakfast with butter or as a dessert topped with whipped cream.
Recommended: 50 Recipes We're Cooking Right Now
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups diced fresh rhubarb
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- In a bowl, combine first five ingredients; mix well. Stir in flour, salt, rhubarb, baking soda, baking powder and nuts. Pour into greased or paper-lined muffin cups. Mix topping ingredients; sprinkle over muffins and press lightly into batter. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes. Yield: 15 muffins.
Originally published as Rhubarb Muffins in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p93
Reviews forEasy Rhubarb Muffins
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2014
"Very good! I froze most of them and then thawed them out as needed and they were just as good, plus the topping stayed crunchy."