I start with a boxed cake mix and add fresh rhubarb, sugar and cream to create this fast-to-fix favorite in a jiffy.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 5 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Pour batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spread rhubarb over batter. Sprinkle with sugar; pour cream over top. Do not mix.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Serve warm or cooled. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Easy Rhubarb Dessert in Country Woman March/April 1993, p35
Reviews for Easy Rhubarb Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 16, 2015
"Loved it but will use 5 cups rhubarb next time still gets 5 stars"
Reviewed Apr. 18, 2011
"This dessert was so good..so easy..and I used a Namaste gluten-free cake mix because my son can't have gluten."