I start with a boxed cake mix and add fresh rhubarb, sugar and cream to create this fast-to-fix favorite in a jiffy.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 5 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Pour batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spread rhubarb over batter. Sprinkle with sugar; pour cream over top. Do not mix.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Serve warm or cooled. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Easy Rhubarb Dessert in Country Woman March/April 1993, p35
Reviews for Easy Rhubarb Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 16, 2015
"Loved it but will use 5 cups rhubarb next time still gets 5 stars"
Reviewed Apr. 18, 2011
"This dessert was so good..so easy..and I used a Namaste gluten-free cake mix because my son can't have gluten."