- 1 package (17-1/2 ounces) peanut butter cookie mix
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 60 miniature pretzels
- 60 semisweet chocolate chips
- 30 red-hot candies
- In a large bowl, beat the cookie mix, oil and egg until well combined. Shape into a 7-1/2-in. roll; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using thumb and forefinger, make a slight indentation one-third of the way down the sides of each slice. Press in pretzels for antlers, chocolate chips for eyes and a red-hot for the nose.
- Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until light brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Easy Reindeer Cookies
"Great quick cookie! Absolutely adorable...."
"Made some also with Nutter Butter cookies to save time, using white morsels on warm cookie for whites of the eyes with mini-chocolate chips on top of them, a red m & m mini nose, mini chip mouth and since the white frosting showed (pretzel glue), I put some on front on the antlers, nose & cheek, as if snow-covered!"
"Easy, delicious and so cute! I make these every year at Christmas."
"Made these for a preschool winterfest party. Big hit, people took pictures and no cookies were left. Had a little trouble shaping them. Roll dough into log and refrigerated, but when I went to cut the logs the dough did nto maintain its shape. Ended up hand rolling two small balls of dough and then flattened on the cookie sheet. Ended up looking for cute."
"Fun to make with the kids and very easy!"