Easy Refrigerator Pickles Recipe
- 6 cups thinly sliced cucumbers
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place cucumbers and onions in a large bowl; set aside. Combine remaining ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook and stir just until the sugar is dissolved. Pour over cucumber mixture; cool. Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 24 hours before serving. Yield: 6 cups.
Reviews for Easy Refrigerator Pickles(35)
Sort By :
Super fast, super easy, super good!
Help! Help! I am making this recipe for the first time right now. Yikes! It calls for cider vinegar. Is it OK to use Organic Apple Cider Vinegar with mother? Or is it best to use the process Cider vinegar?
It is indeed VERY simple and quick. The pickles are crisp and tasty. They are a good cross between a sweet pickle and dill.
This recipe was super easy! I couldn't wait to try them after the 24 hours. They were very crunchy, which is good. I think next time I would use less clove, that was a little over powering for me and I'd make sure to cut the onions as thin as possible.
I neglected to rate this recipe, It's definitely %+ stars