- 6 cups thinly sliced cucumbers
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place cucumbers and onions in a large bowl; set aside. Combine remaining ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook and stir just until the sugar is dissolved. Pour over cucumber mixture; cool. Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 24 hours before serving. Yield: 6 cups.
Reviews for Easy Refrigerator Pickles
Sort By :
I prepared these pickles for the first time today! I used LESS sugar and vinegar-I used 1-1/4 cups of cider vinegar and at least 3/4 cup sugar, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. pickling spices and 1/2 tsp. turmeric in this recipe! The pickling spices contained a host of herbs/spices which gave these pickles a very pleasant taste! I did keep the amount of cucumbers and onions the same amount, combined the sugar, salt, vinegar, turmeric and pickling spices in a large saucepan, brought to a boil and stirred just until the sugar had dissolved. I poured the pickling liquid over the cucumber mixture and allowed to cool, tossed the pickles together with a large serving spoon for 5 minutes! These pickles are now in our family refrigerator, chilling the allotted 24-hour time! I'd placed the pickles in a large bowl, covered top with plastic wrap and put into refrigerator! This recipe is a keeper and SO SIMPLE! I admit that I do NOT go for canning foods, so to try this recipe and then see how good they are is for me! Thank you, Catherine Seibold, for sharing your recipe! delowenstein
Awesome and easy...Hayley Sambo people are saying up to a year and also can be frozen
How long will they keep in the fridge please?
These are awesome! They were so easy to make! I asked my husband if he wanted to try them and he was like "they're done already?" Great recipe and thanks for sharing!
Sweet, sour, crunchy, and EASY!