- 6 cups thinly sliced cucumbers
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place cucumbers and onions in a large bowl; set aside. Combine remaining ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook and stir just until the sugar is dissolved. Pour over cucumber mixture; cool. Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 24 hours before serving. Yield: 6 cups.
Reviews for Easy Refrigerator Pickles
Sort By :
I, like another reviewer, was confused by the 6 cups of veggies versus only 1.5 cups of the vinegar solution. I needed to triple it to cover all of the cucumbers and onions. I also couldn't find celery seed and substituted caraway seed. Fortunately, still turned out awesome. Very tasty. A bit floppy to pick up, but they were still crunchy to bite. I'll definitely be keeping this recipe. Thanks.
Super easy & very tasty! I followed another reviewer's suggestion to use less sugar & cut it in half. The pickles are still sweet & tangy. I also omited the ground cloves since they were alittle too expensive, seems fine without it. We will continue to make these to have around to nibble on. Great snack item!
I've made these for years.Similar to a bread & butter pickle. Lasts until gone. We've still had them for Christmas!
Have never made refrigerator pickles. I see someone has already asked how long they will keep. I did not see that anyone answered. Can someone please let us know how long they keep please? thanks
Easy to make. Good flavor. Would love in larger Amt and be able to can. Refrig space at a premium.