Spoon this smooth sauce from our Test Kitchen over waffles or pancakes for a fabulous breakfast. Or try over ice cream or pound cake for a delightful dessert.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1-3/4 cups plus 1 tablespoon water, divided
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- In a saucepan, combine the raspberries, 1-3/4 cups water and sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Mash raspberry mixture and strain through a fine sieve into a 2-cup measuring cup; discard seeds. Add water if needed to make 2 cups puree. Return to the saucepan.
- Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; gradually stir into raspberry mixture. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat; cool. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Raspberry Sauce in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006, p56
Reviews for Easy Raspberry Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review