- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 frozen pie shell (9 inches)
- Additional pie pastry, optional
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the first 10 ingredients until smooth; pour into pastry shell. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 40-45 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove foil. Cool on a wire rack.
- If decorative cutouts are desired, roll additional pastry to 1/8-in. thickness; cut out with 1-in. to 1-1/2-in. leaf-shaped cookie cutters. With a sharp knife, score leaf veins on cutouts.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Arrange around edge of pie. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Easy Pumpkin Pie
Sort By :
"While the recipe was very good as written, I've made some changes to get perfect for us: replaced maple syrup with molasses, decreased cinnamon to 1/2 tsp, and eliminated the maple flavoring."
"I made my first pumpkin pie on thanksgiving and i use this recipe and my friends and family love it."
"This recipe was a good one! I gave it a 4 star because it was a good base (starter) pie. Next time I make it I wont be using ANY of the maple ingredients as it was too strong a flavor for my tastes. Also, all that liquid left the pie runny and I had to leave it in the oven for 40 minutes longer (90 minutes total). Not that it was a big deal, just unexpected.. But other than that, I recommend giving it a shot!"
"Just remember not to let them just how easy it was .Recieved many compliments on this pumpkin pie! Definetly a keeper"
"Yummy! I omitted the maple flavoring and it still tasted great."