Easy Pumpkin Bread
A friend of mine graciously shared her "secret recipe" for this bread with me. It's become such a family favorite that I'm not allowed to enter my family's get-togethers without this bread in hand!
32 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons each ground cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in eggs. Combine dry ingredients; gradually stir into creamed
- mixture just until moistened. Beat in pumpkin.
- Transfer to two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for
- 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out
- clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to
- cool. Yield: 2 loaves.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 178 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 161 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.