A friend of mine graciously shared her "secret recipe" for this bread with me. It's become such a family favorite that I'm not allowed to enter my family's get-togethers without this bread in hand!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons each ground cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Combine dry ingredients; gradually stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Beat in pumpkin.
- Transfer to two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 loaves.
Originally published as Pumpkin Bread in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p64
Reviews for Easy Pumpkin Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review