Easy Potpie Recipe
The first time you make this recipe, you'll understand how it got its name. Just about as fast as you can open a couple of cans and brown a crust, it's done. It's great year-round, but it's especially suited to the winter months because it comes out of the oven hearty and steaming hot.
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 can (15 ounces) mixed vegetables, drained or 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- BISCUIT TOPPING:
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper or lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a saucepan, combine chicken, vegetables, soup, onion and flour. Stir in the broth, rosemary and pepper; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Boil for 1 minute. Pour into an ungreased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- 2. For topping, combine the flour and pepper in a bowl. Stir in buttermilk and butter just until moistened. Spoon over chicken mixture. Bake at 425° for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 429 calories, 23 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 1,396 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Reviews for Easy Potpie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC