Easy Potpie Recipe
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 can (15 ounces) mixed vegetables, drained or 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- BISCUIT TOPPING:
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper or lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a saucepan, combine chicken, vegetables, soup, onion and flour. Stir in the broth, rosemary and pepper; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Boil for 1 minute. Pour into an ungreased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- For topping, combine the flour and pepper in a bowl. Stir in buttermilk and butter just until moistened. Spoon over chicken mixture. Bake at 425° for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Easy Potpie
Sort By :
I would make this with grd.beef or pork sausage even though it is higher in fat and salt then the chicken.
I, pretty much, followed the info from the first review, but used a can of mixed veggies, which had carrots, potatoes, peas, and green beans. My family loved it! Even my, picky, two yr. old ate with out caution!
Deliciously easy! I make this once a month now. My whole family loves it. I use a whole rotisserie chicken cut up instead of cooking chicken separately. I also use cream of chicken soup instead of celery and 1 can of peas and carrots instead of mixed veggies. The rosemary must be crushed and adds the best flavor. I don't usually rate recipes but I took time to rate this one so that people would want to make it. Make it - you won't regret it!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Baked Turkey >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Pot Pie Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >