Easy Potato Pancakes
“Using frozen hash browns makes Easy Potato Pancakes a snap to fix,” notes Marlene Harguth of Maynard, Minnesota. “I like to team them up with pork chops and applesauce.”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Place the hash browns in a strainer; rinse with cold water until
- thawed. Drain thoroughly; transfer to a large bowl. Add the flour,
- eggs, butter, water and salt and mix well.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Drop batter by 1/3
- cupfuls into oil; fry until golden brown on both sides. Drain on
- paper towels. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 202 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 129 mg cholesterol, 421 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.