- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Place the hash browns in a strainer; rinse with cold water until thawed. Drain thoroughly; transfer to a large bowl. Add the flour, eggs, butter, water and salt and mix well.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Drop batter by 1/3 cupfuls into oil; fry until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Easy Potato Pancakes
Sort By :
Very good recipe. Using frozen hash browns makes it so easy and adding onion makes it so good.
I just tried this recipe, my husband liked these potato pancakes. I will make them at work (an elderly facility). I will do another review after I have made these for our residents. I'm so excited!
Great recipe. I added chopped onions and the potato cakes were perfect.
These were simple to make and tasted great. The egg and butter gave them great flavor. We ate them with soup beans and will definitely make them again.
Easy to make and tastes great. I used 4 cups of hash browns because the bigger the better