Easy Potato Casserole Recipe
This casserole goes over well whenever I take it to a gathering. Even though I have to double the recipe, it's still an inexpensive side dish for our large family of 10.
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cooked
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, mash potatoes until smooth. Add butter, salt, pepper and enough milk to make a soft mashed potato consistency. Stir in 2/3 cup cheese, ham, onion and green pepper. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 4-6 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC