This casserole goes over well whenever I take it to a gathering. Even though I have to double the recipe, it's still an inexpensive side dish for our large family of 10.
Recommended: 80 Recipes for Serious Potato Lovers
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cooked
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes until smooth. Add butter, salt, pepper and enough milk to make a soft mashed potato consistency. Stir in 2/3 cup cheese, ham, onion and green pepper. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Potluck Potatoes in Country Pork 1996, p16
Reviews for Easy Potato Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 6, 2014
"Easy to prepare in the crock pot. I cut the recipe in thirds to serve two of us. I used Morning Star Turkey Patty, dried cranberries, and steamed carrots in the recipe. It made a delicious lunch."