Easy Pork Fried Rice Recipe
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup cubed cooked pork
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup canned bean sprouts
- 2 cups cold cooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Dash pepper
- 1. In a large skillet or wok, heat oil over medium-high heat; add egg. As egg sets, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When egg is completely cooked, remove to a plate and keep warm.
- 2. In the same pan, stir-fry the pork, onion and bean sprouts for 2-3 minutes or until onion is tender. Add rice and broth; cover and cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- 3. Chop egg into small pieces; add to rice mixture. Stir in the soy sauce, green onion, sugar and pepper. Yield: 2 servings.
1-3/4 cup equals 433 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 154 mg cholesterol, 502 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer