Easy Pork Fried Rice
Field editor Joyce Kramer writes from Donalsonville, Georgia, “We love pork roast, but we know there will be leftovers. I like to use them up in this fast-to-fix stir-fry.”
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup cubed cooked pork
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup canned bean sprouts
- 2 cups cold cooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Dash pepper
- In a large skillet or wok, heat oil over medium-high heat; add egg.
- As egg sets, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
- When egg is completely cooked, remove to a plate and keep warm.
- In the same pan, stir-fry the pork, onion and bean sprouts for 2-3
- minutes or until pork and onion are tender. Add rice and broth;
- cover and simmer for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- Chop egg into small pieces; add to rice mixture. Stir in the soy
- sauce, green onion, sugar and pepper. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-3/4 cup equals 433 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 154 mg cholesterol, 502 mg sodium,