Easy Pork 'n' Beans Recipe
Friends prepared the food, including these simple yet delicious baked beans, when our daughter, Briana, married Jerad Van Der Zwaag. Chili powder enhances canned beans for a rich crowd-pleasing dish.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 5 min. Cook: 1 hour YIELD:16-20 servings
- 2 cans (55 ounces each) pork and beans
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 5 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1. In a Dutch oven, combine all ingredients; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until heated through. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 150 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 362 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC