Easy Pork 'n' Beans Recipe
Friends prepared the food, including these simple yet delicious baked beans, when our daughter, Briana, married Jerad Van Der Zwaag. Chili powder enhances canned beans for a rich crowd-pleasing dish.
- 2 cans (55 ounces each) pork and beans
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 5 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- In a Dutch oven, combine all ingredients; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until heated through. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Easy Pork N Beans in Down the Aisle Country-Style 2000, p35
Reviews for Easy Pork 'n' Beans(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review