- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Using 1/2 teaspoon shortening for each cup, grease the bottom and sides of six 6-oz. custard cups or the cups of popover pan. If using custard cups, place on a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs; blend in milk and butter. Beat in flour and salt until smooth (do not overbeat).
- Fill cups half full. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 30 minutes longer or until very firm. Remove from the oven and prick each popover to allow steam to escape. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Popovers in Taste of Home October/November 1997, p13
Reviews for Easy Popovers(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2010
I have been looking for a good, yet easy, popover recipe! Found it!!