Easy Pie Crust Recipe
- INGREDIENTS FOR SINGLE-CRUST PIE
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- INGREDIENTS FOR DOUBLE-CRUST PIE
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 5 to 6 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour and salt; cut in shortening until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle with vinegar. Gradually add the milk, tossing with a fork until a ball is formed. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- 2. For a single crust, roll out pastry on a lightly floured surface to fit a 9-in. or 10-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Fill or bake shell according to recipe directions.
- 3. For a double crust, divide pastry in two portions so that one ball is slightly larger than the other. Roll out larger ball on a lightly floured surface to fit a 9-in. or 10-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry even with edge of plate. Add filling. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top. Bake according to recipe directions. Yield: pastry for a single- or double-crust pie (9 or 10 inches).
1 each: 132 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 76mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Easy Pie Crust
"So easy and tasty!!"
"I baked the double crust today. For my taste, it needed a little extra shortening. Good all the same. Also, I added 1 tablespoon of sugar."
"The easiest pie crust ever"
"I can't believe how easy this was to do and how good it is. It reminds me of the pie crusts that my mom used to make."