- INGREDIENTS FOR SINGLE-CRUST PIE
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- INGREDIENTS FOR DOUBLE-CRUST PIE
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 5 to 6 tablespoons 2% milk
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and salt; cut in shortening until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle with vinegar. Gradually add the milk, tossing with a fork until a ball is formed. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- For a single crust, roll out pastry on a lightly floured surface to fit a 9-in. or 10-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Fill or bake shell according to recipe directions.
- For a double crust, divide pastry in two portions so that one ball is slightly larger than the other. Roll out larger ball on a lightly floured surface to fit a 9-in. or 10-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry even with edge of plate. Add filling. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top. Bake according to recipe directions. Yield: pastry for a single- or double-crust pie (9 or 10 inches).
Reviews for Easy Pie Crust
Sort By :
"I used this recipe for my first homemade apple pie. It is such a simple and easy recipe to follow. It turned out great! I will definetly use this as my go to pie crust recipe in the future."
"Made this for apple pie today, turned out wonderful. Never made a pie crust before, saving for future pies!"
"So easy and tasty!!"
"I baked the double crust today. For my taste, it needed a little extra shortening. Good all the same. Also, I added 1 tablespoon of sugar."
"I made this crust after Thanksgiving for leftover turkey pot pie. It was my first time making pie crust. It turned out amazing! I am making it again for an apple pie today!"