Easy Philly Cheesesteaks Recipe
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced
- 2 medium sweet red or green peppers, halved and sliced
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1-1/2 pounds), cut into thin strips
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 6 hoagie buns, split
- 12 slices provolone cheese, halved
- Pickled hot cherry peppers, optional
- 1. Place onions and red peppers in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Add beef, soup mix and broth. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Arrange buns on a baking sheet, cut side up. Using tongs, place meat mixture on bun bottoms; top with cheese.
- 3. Broil 2-3 in. from heat 30-60 seconds or until cheese is melted and bun tops are toasted. If desired, serve with cherry peppers. Yield: 6 servings.
1 sandwich (calculated without cherry peppers): 539 calories, 21g fat (10g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 1256mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 44g protein.
Reviews for Easy Philly Cheesesteaks
"Delicious. Hubby thought it was perfect I added a touch of steak sauce to mine and loved it best that way. Both of us give it a 10/10 . Oh, only change was a mix of cheddar and mozzarella cheeses instead of provolone. Yep, gonna make this many times, especially in the summer when I don't need to have my stove on. Great recipe"
"This recipe was easy! I loved how it uses just simple ingredients. I did find that the meat was a little bland so next time I'll add more sauce or seasonings. Otherwise - delish! Great for using the slow cooker on busy weeknights."
"I followed the recipe as written but my husband who loves provolone actually preferred this with cheddar cheese instead . Great easy recipe!"
"This was easy and it was good too. The only thing I would do differently next time is to season the meat more."
"I made this with chicken and added a little Worcestershire sauce for flavor. Delicious!"
"I would not have thought of making these wonderful sandwiches in the slow-cooker. Brilliant. And, successful. Bravo!"
"Delish! And easy! Followed directions exactly and it was a huge hit."