- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced
- 2 medium sweet red or green peppers, halved and sliced
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1-1/2 pounds), cut into thin strips
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 6 hoagie buns, split
- 12 slices provolone cheese, halved
- Pickled hot cherry peppers, optional
- Place onions and red peppers in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Add beef, soup mix and broth. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Arrange buns on a baking sheet, cut side up. Using tongs, place meat mixture on bun bottoms; top with cheese.
- Broil 2-3 in. from heat 30-60 seconds or until cheese is melted and bun tops are toasted. If desired, serve with cherry peppers. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Easy Philly Cheesesteaks
"This recipe was easy! I loved how it uses just simple ingredients. I did find that the meat was a little bland so next time I'll add more sauce or seasonings. Otherwise - delish! Great for using the slow cooker on busy weeknights."
"I followed the recipe as written but my husband who loves provolone actually preferred this with cheddar cheese instead . Great easy recipe!"
"This was easy and it was good too. The only thing I would do differently next time is to season the meat more."
"I made this with chicken and added a little Worcestershire sauce for flavor. Delicious!"
"I would not have thought of making these wonderful sandwiches in the slow-cooker. Brilliant. And, successful. Bravo!"