Easy Pesto Pizza Recipe
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Place dough on a lightly floured surface; let rest for 10 minutes. Knead in 1/4 cup cheese, basil and oregano. Roll into a 12-in. circle; place on a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Prick with a fork. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes.
- 2. Spread pesto sauce over the crust. Sprinkle with mushrooms, mozzarella cheese and remaining cheese. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 259 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 513 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.