Easy Pepper Steak Recipe
- 1 pound beef top round steak, cut into 1/4-inch x 2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into strips
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 2 fresh tomatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- Cooked rice
- 1. Sprinkle meat with paprika. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Brown beef. Add broth and garlic. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes. Add green peppers and onion. Cover and continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
- 2. Combine cornstarch, soy sauce and water; stir into meat mixture. Cook and stir until thickened. Gently stir in tomatoes and heat through. Serve over rice. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 317 calories, 10g fat (0g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 405mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 starch, 2-1/2 lean meat, 1-1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Easy Pepper Steak
"I was a hit with this recipe!"
"Better than expected, loved it."
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.