- 1 pound beef top round steak, cut into 1/4-inch x 2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into strips
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 2 fresh tomatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- Cooked rice
- Sprinkle meat with paprika. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Brown beef. Add broth and garlic. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes. Add green peppers and onion. Cover and continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch, soy sauce and water; stir into meat mixture. Cook and stir until thickened. Gently stir in tomatoes and heat through. Serve over rice. Yield: 4-6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now