Easy Pepper Steak Recipe
We live on the eastern edge of the Sand Hills here in Nebraska, where most folks are ranchers. This popular beef dish is tasty as well as colorful.
- 1 pound beef top round steak, cut into 1/4-inch x 2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into strips
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 2 fresh tomatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- Cooked rice
- Sprinkle meat with paprika. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Brown beef. Add broth and garlic. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes. Add green peppers and onion. Cover and continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch, soy sauce and water; stir into meat mixture. Cook and stir until thickened. Gently stir in tomatoes and heat through. Serve over rice. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Pepper Steak in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p10
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Easy Pepper Steak(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review