Easy Peanut Butter Truffles
During the Christmas season, I decided to make a peanut butter honey fudge. My husband is a huge peanut butter fan and grew up where honey was a household staple. This pairing goes so well together. —Tami Kuehl, Loup City, Nebraska
64 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 teaspoon plus 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped honey-roasted peanuts or miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Line an 8-in.-square pan with foil; grease foil with 1 teaspoon
- In a small saucepan, combine honey and remaining butter over medium
- heat; cook and stir until blended. Stir in peanut butter until
- smooth. Remove from heat; whisk in confectioners' sugar and vanilla.
- Spread into prepared pan. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours or until
- Place peanuts in a shallow bowl. Using foil, lift candy out of pan.
- Remove foil; cut candy into 64 squares. Shape squares into balls;
- roll in peanuts. Store between layers of waxed paper in an airtight
- container in the refrigerator. Yield: 64 truffles.
Nutritional Facts: 1 truffle equals 87 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 54 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.