Easy Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups milk
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place confectioners' sugar in a small bowl. Cut in peanut butter until crumbly. Spread half of mixture in pastry shell.
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolks; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in butter and vanilla; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Spread reserved custard evenly over peanut butter mixture. Spread meringue over hot filling, sealing edges to crust. Sprinkle with reserved peanut butter mixture. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until the meringue is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Pie in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p83
Reviews for Easy Peanut Butter Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review