- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- In a small bowl, cream peanut butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg. Add oats and baking soda to creamed mixture; mix well.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets; flatten slightly. Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Easy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Sort By :
"I added a handful of chocolate chips and left them round and they came out wonderful. More like chewy peanut ball. My toddler loved them as well."
"Changed a few things to make them more 'cookie' like - Added 40g butter, 1/2 cup SR Flour and only 1 cup oats. Turned out perfect."
"Delicious! I loved these cookies!!! I did cut the sugar in half and replaced with honey worked perfectly!"
"Since there's no butter in this recipe, the texture of these cookies is definitely different than a regular peanut butter cookie, if that's what you're looking for. I used natural peanut butter, which probably made the dough even more dry since there isn't all the added oil and sugar. However, they still taste great. It wouldn't be my first choice for a cookie, but my kids definitely enjoyed every bite!"
"This recipe is definitely not made for old fashioned oats, so use a different recipe if that's what you have! I made it work by adding a few things. Another tablespoon of peanut butter (I used creamy), a tablespoon of coconut oil, a tablespoon of honey, a dash of milk, and a dash of vanilla. They ended up turning out well but it would just be easier to find a better recipe. If you don't add stuff they would just be oat crumbles."