Easy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- In a small bowl, cream peanut butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg. Add oats and baking soda to creamed mixture; mix well.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets; flatten slightly. Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Easy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Sort By :
"The taste of these cookies are very good but way too dry. I would take everyone's advice to use honey and regular old fashion oats instead of quick oat. If you stick to this recipe as is you will just get spoonful's of peanut crumble."
"Made these today, they were easy and the best ever. Gave the recipe to my sister, she made them and added raisins , she raved about them. Thank you for posting this.Cant wait to make them again."
"This is a dense and rich peanut butter cookie! I only added about half the oats called for and the cookies turned out nicely. Be sure to only bake for the minimum amount of time. Let them rest on the cookie sheet before moving. The cookies are very delicate until they are cool. Don't forget to use non-stick spray inside your measuring cup so that the peanut butter will come out easily!"
"The cookies were very dry and crumbly. The 2nd batch I added a tablespoon of honey and they held together better."
"I am wondering if those who found the cookies too dry used "old fashioned" instead of quick oats."