THIS pretty dessert is an impressive end to any meal. Refreshing and light, it's just the right touch for every sweet tooth. I saw it pictured in a magazine many years ago and decided to try it. It's always been a hit at my house. -Edna Christiansen, Edmore, Michigan
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) peach halves in syrup
- 2 individual round sponge cakes
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1 tablespoon raspberry or strawberry jam
- 2 teaspoons chopped nuts, optional
- Drain peaches, reserving syrup. Set aside two peaches and 1 tablespoon syrup (refrigerate remaining peaches and syrup for another use).
- Place each sponge cake on a plate; drizzle with reserved syrup. Top with ice cream and a peach half.
- In a small saucepan, heat jam until melted; drizzle over peaches. Top with nuts if desired. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Peach Melba Dessert in Reminisce March/April 1999, p49
Reviews for Easy Peach Melba Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 6, 2014
"Easy to make and refreshing."