Easy Peach Melba Dessert Recipe
THIS pretty dessert is an impressive end to any meal. Refreshing and light, it's just the right touch for every sweet tooth. I saw it pictured in a magazine many years ago and decided to try it. It's always been a hit at my house. -Edna Christiansen, Edmore, Michigan
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) peach halves in syrup
- 2 individual round sponge cakes
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1 tablespoon raspberry or strawberry jam
- 2 teaspoons chopped nuts, optional
- 1. Drain peaches, reserving syrup. Set aside two peaches and 1 tablespoon syrup (refrigerate remaining peaches and syrup for another use).
- 2. Place each sponge cake on a plate; drizzle with reserved syrup. Top with ice cream and a peach half.
- 3. In a small saucepan, heat jam until melted; drizzle over peaches. Top with nuts if desired. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Easy Peach Melba Dessert
Reviewed Feb. 6, 2014
"Easy to make and refreshing."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC