Easy Peach Cream Pie
I got this recipe while living in Utah. Now I always use Utah peaches to make this delicious, creamy dessert-they're the best ones that I've ever tasted, and they certainly represent our region of the country.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds (3 cups) fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 9-inch pie shell, unbaked
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- Dash salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Place peaches in pie shell. Beat eggs slightly in bowl; blend in
- sugar, flour and salt. Stir in cream and vanilla; blend well. our
- over peaches. Bake at 375° for 40-50 minutes or until center
- shakes slightly when moved. (To prevent crust edges from becoming to
- brown, cover edges with foil if desired.) Serve warm; or, for firmer
- pie, chill before serving. Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 390 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 146 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.