Easy Peach Cream Pie Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds (3 cups) fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 9-inch pie shell, unbaked
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Dash salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1. Place peaches in pie shell. Beat eggs slightly in bowl; blend in sugar, flour and salt. Stir in cream and vanilla; blend well. our over peaches. Bake at 375° for 40-50 minutes or until center shakes slightly when moved. (To prevent crust edges from becoming to brown, cover edges with foil if desired.) Serve warm; or, for firmer pie, chill before serving. Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 390 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 146mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Easy Peach Cream Pie
"I thought this was pretty good for an easy pie. I did have to put on the aluminum foil to make sure the pie edges didn't brown too much. I bought the pre-made frozen pie shell, but got the 9" deep dish thinking that a regular just might not be enough. Turns out the 9" deep dish wasn't big enough either! I know I did less than the 1.5 lbs of peaches, and yet even with the lower amount the cream mixture was too much! I had to pour some of it down the drain. The very top (even the middle) began to get very brown by the time it stopped jiggling so much. Even then, when it only jiggled a bit in the middle, it still seemed pretty mushy inside. I chilled it but it's still pretty mushy. I thought it would be a bit more firm than it turned out to be. It's still a yummy pie, but I think next time I'll go with a more traditional peach pie."
"Wonderful! I could have eaten the whole pie myself."
"Simple and wonderful!"
"Wonderful! This is a keeper"
"My husband and I loved this pie. Will definitely make it again. It really tastes better chilled."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.