Easy Pasta Alfredo
Who would believe that five simple ingredients could taste so rich and delicious? "This creamy, comforting sauce can be made in a matter of minutes," assures Karin DeCarlo from Milford, Pennsylvania.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile in a small
- saucepan, combine cream and nutmeg. Cook, uncovered, over medium-low
- heat in butter until heated through (do not boil). Stir in Parmesan
- cheese until melted.
- Drain pasta; transfer to a large serving bowl. Add cheese sauce; toss
- to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 759 calories, 59 g fat (35 g saturated fat), 178 mg cholesterol, 938 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.