Easy Pasta Alfredo Recipe
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile in a small saucepan, combine cream and nutmeg. Cook, uncovered, over medium-low heat in butter until heated through (do not boil). Stir in Parmesan cheese until melted.
- 2. Drain pasta; transfer to a large serving bowl. Add cheese sauce; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 759 calories, 59g fat (35g saturated fat), 178mg cholesterol, 938mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.
Reviews for Easy Pasta Alfredo
"I have made this recipe twice in a week. My family cannot get enough of it!"
"I've tried several alfredo recipes but this was the easiest and best after some simple modifications. We doubled the recipe but used half milk and half heavy cream. Then we added some fried garlic. Fabulous!"
"I don't make this with the tortellini, I use thin spaghetti instead. I also omit the nutmeg and add some minced garlic. But this is SUCH an easy recipe to make and quite delicious. This is second time I made it and it's one I'll be making again and again."