Who would believe that five simple ingredients could taste so rich and delicious? "This creamy, comforting sauce can be made in a matter of minutes," assures Karin DeCarlo from Milford, Pennsylvania.
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile in a small saucepan, combine cream and nutmeg. Cook, uncovered, over medium-low heat in butter until heated through (do not boil). Stir in Parmesan cheese until melted.
- Drain pasta; transfer to a large serving bowl. Add cheese sauce; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Easy Pasta Alfredo in Quick Cooking March/April 1998, p8
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Easy Pasta Alfredo
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review