Easy Party Bruschetta Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups chopped seeded tomatoes
- 2/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) French bread, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the oil, vinegars and pepper sauce; stir into tomato mixture.
- 2. Place bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. With a slotted spoon, top each slice with tomato mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 appetizer equals 34 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 73 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 starch.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.