"A neighbor shared the recipe for this easy overnight salad," reports Dora Ledford of Rockwall, Texas. Tender potatoes and crunchy celery get refreshing flavor from a bottle of Italian dressing.
- 2 pounds small red potatoes (about 12), cooked
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Italian salad dressing
- Cut potatoes into 1/4-in. slices. In an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish, layer half of the potatoes, onions, celery and pimientos. Repeat layers. Pour dressing over all. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Stir before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Pimiento Potato Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 1999, p8
Reviews for Easy Overnight Pimiento Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2010
"I have made this one a few times already, and it is always a big hit. Once in awhile I will add some carrots or sliced ripe olives to the salad. I plan on making it for this weekend."