"A neighbor shared the recipe for this easy overnight salad," reports Dora Ledford of Rockwall, Texas. Tender potatoes and crunchy celery get refreshing flavor from a bottle of Italian dressing.
- 2 pounds small red potatoes (about 12), cooked
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Italian salad dressing
- Cut potatoes into 1/4-in. slices. In an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish, layer half of the potatoes, onions, celery and pimientos. Repeat layers. Pour dressing over all. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Stir before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Pimiento Potato Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 1999, p8
Reviews for Easy Overnight Pimiento Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2010
"I have made this one a few times already, and it is always a big hit. Once in awhile I will add some carrots or sliced ripe olives to the salad. I plan on making it for this weekend."