Easy Oven Stew Recipe
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 large carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium parsnips, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- In a 5-qt. Dutch oven, combine all ingredients. Cover and bake at 350° for 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 hours, or until the meat and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Easy Oven Stew(5)
Sort By :
This is one of the best stew recipes I have tried. I used an equal amount of parsnips and potatoes. It was delicious!
This is the BEST and EASIEST stew recipe ever! It turns out thick and hearty and is perfect for a snowy, cold day! I also substitute potatoes for parsnips because it is our personal preference. SO delicious!!
Taste wonderful and easy to make. I will make this many times again. Thank you.
This is the ONLY beef stew recipe we use!
As good as it is easy. I used potatoes instead of parsnips. This is my new beef stew recipe. Love it.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Stews >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Stew Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Stew Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >