Easy Oven Beef Stew Recipe
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1. In a resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add beef cubes, a few at a time, and shake to coat. In a Dutch oven, brown meat in oil. Add the soup, water, onion and basil; mix well. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Add potatoes and carrots. Bake 1 hour longer or until meat and vegetables are tender. Yield: 2-3 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 432 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 1,253 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.