With our children grown and gone, adapting recipes to suit just husband Rodney and me is a new hobby. We enjoy this easy-to-assemble chicken.—Eldora Yoder, Versailles, Missouri
- 3 bone-in chicken breast halves (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pepper to taste
- Brown chicken on all sides in a skillet coated with cooking spray. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; top with onion. Combine chili sauce, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce and oregano; pour over chicken. Sprinkle with pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until meat juices run clear. Yield: 2-3 servings.
Originally published as Oven-Barbecued Chicken in Taste of Home June/July 1997, p12
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Easy Oven-Barbecued Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review