Easy Orange Rolls Recipe
Life on a dairy farm is busy, so I need breakfast recipes that are simple yet delicious. My teenager daughter has been helping in the kitchen for years. In fact, this was probably one of the first recipes she made herself.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 3 tubes (10 ounces each) refrigerated biscuits
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, butter, orange juice and peel. Heat until sugar is dissolved and butter is melted. Pour into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- 2. Place 12 biscuits on their sides along the perimeter of the pan, overlapping slightly. Arrange remaining biscuits in the same manner, creating two concentric rings, using 10 biscuits for the middle ring and eight biscuits for the inside ring.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately turn upside down onto serving platter. Serve warm. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 159 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 226 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC