Easy Orange and Red Onion Salad Recipe
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 6 medium navel oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1. For dressing, whisk together first eight ingredients. Place oranges and onion in a large bowl; toss gently with dressing. Refrigerate, covered, until serving. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup: 127 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 148mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1-1/2 fat.
Reviews for Easy Orange and Red Onion Salad
"This was good but not great. I served it with the flank steak on the same page."