Easy One-Bowl Chocolate Cake Recipe
I got this recipe from a friends many years ago, and it quickly became my children's favorite. Now, my grandchildren enjoy it. It works especially nice for making cupcakes for school lunches. Besides cooking, I enjoy sewing and writing poetry.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- Frosting or confectioners' sugar
- 1. Place all ingredients in order listed in a large bowl; beat well. Pour into a greased and floured 8-in. square baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 35 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool on a wire rack. Frost as desired or dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 9 servings.
1 piece: 282 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 322mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Easy One-Bowl Chocolate Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC