- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- Frosting or confectioners' sugar
- Place all ingredients in order listed in a large bowl; beat well. Pour into a greased and floured 8-in. square baking pan.
- Bake at 375° for 35 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool on a wire rack. Frost as desired or dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as One-Bowl Chocolate Cake in Sweet and Scrumptious Chocolate 1994, p45
Reviews for Easy One-Bowl Chocolate Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review