Easy Oat Bran Muffins
When I want to make muffins in a hurry, this is the recipe I use. The oat bran cereal makes these easy to prepare, and the sweet dark molasses adds a rich flavor.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 2 cups uncooked oat bran cereal
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg or 2 Eggland's Best Egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup dark molasses
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine cereal, brown sugar and baking powder.
- Combine egg, milk, molasses and oil; mix well. Add to dry
- ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at
- 425° for 15-17 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in the
- pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 8-10 muffins.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 184 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 130 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.